
One of the "mommy blogs" that I follow--Life as Mom--has inspired me to plan my reading schedule for the next few months. I am always reading at least 4 or 5 books at a time, but this schedule will ensure that I am reading a variety of books and help me keep track of what I have read. I have created five categories:
(1) Homemaking/Mothering
(2) Cookbooks/Food
(3) Spiritual/Devotional
(4) Classics
(5) For Fun
For the month of January, I am reading the following:
(1) The Hidden Art of Homemaking by Edith Schaeffer (Jessica at Life as Mom recommended this book and it is an excellent resource for Christian moms looking for ways to uncover and put into practice "hidden arts" such as Music, Gardening, Interior Decoration, Drama, and Art.
(2) The Use-it-Up Cookbook: A Guide to Perishable Foods by Lois Carlson Willand (I picked this book up at the library and it has given me some great ideas for different ways to use, not waste, the food I have in the freezer and pantry.)
(3) The Gospel According to Lost by Chris Seay (Thomas-Nelson sent me this book to read and review. I love the TV show but so far am not too impressed with the book. We'll see!) I am also reading two daily devotionals: Sarah Arthur's The One Year Daily Grind and Gary Chapman's The One Year Love Language Minute Devotional (So far...Awesome!)
(4) Charles Dicken's Great Expectations (I have never read this classic work, so I am excited about getting into it!)
(5) Murder in the Mews by Agatha Christie (Last year I started reading Christie, and let's just say, I'm hooked! I think I've read 20 of her mysteries so far and my goal is to read them all.)
What are you reading this month? Do you have any reading goals for this new year?
Great Expectations is wonderful, of course! And you sound just like me, reading 4 or 5 books at a time. I've decided to start the challenge also. I'm following you and will check back! Good luck!
ReplyDelete