Yesterday, true to the weather forecasters' words, the snow came! Kate and I were up early and out the door, hoping to run all our errands, plus check out some new books at the library, before the snow fell. Honestly, I didn't believe we would see more than a few flakes. I'm always skeptical when schools are dismissed BEFORE the snow even falls. But snow it did!
This snow was Kate's second of the year and third of her short life. But this time she actually enjoyed playing out in it although it was difficult to walk in, especially considering the snow came up to her mid-calf. Kate especially liked tasting the snow.
The next day the snow was covered by a sheet of ice, which meant no snowman, snow angels or snowball fights. DARN! We still managed to have some fun though walking up and down the street. Kate could actually walk on the ice although she did slip and slide a few times.
While the snow and ice are beautiful, Daniel and I both agreed that we are ready for springtime!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment