Saturday, January 9, 2010

Week 1 Recap


Well, today marks the conclusion of the first week of the "Eat from the Pantry Challenge," and let's just say that it's been a challenge for me. There were so many good deals at the grocery stores that I had to forego, and I was so tempted!! However, we did survive and were able to make some yummy meals with what we had on hand:

Sunday (1/3): We had leftovers from the previous week.
Monday (1/4): Chicken Parmesan (leftovers in the freezer), corn, & salad
Tuesday (1/5): Fried tenderloin (deer), hashbrowns, & fried cabbage (not the healthiest meal, I know!)
Wednesday (1/6): Black beans & rice w/ tomatoes on flour tortillas & guacamole
Thursday (1/7): Black-eyed pea soup (with turkey sausage, carrots & celery)
Friday (1/8): Homemade pepperoni & mushroom pizza w/ whole-wheat crust
Saturday (1/9): Leftovers

Lots of beans equals lots of fiber...yea! I do need to work on getting more greens in our diet though.

I spent $30.66 at the store on yogurt, milk, creamer, fruit, vegetables, and granola bars, which was more than I had expected. However, I was under-budget on my household expenses by $10.67. Yee-haw!! So far so good but I do need to be careful not to exceed my $75 budgeted grocery allowance for the MONTH.

Tomorrow I will post our meals for next week: I am still waiting to see what produce Kroger will have on sale. I know the menu will definitely include zucchini since we have so much in the fridge and undoubtedly some more beans and fish. Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment