Saturday, October 24, 2009

My first birthday party!!!



On Saturday, October 24th, we had Kate's first birthday party at Barfield Crescent Park where Kate and I walk every morning. After a week of warm weather, Saturday was a very cold day with gusting winds and even rain! But friends and family all gathered to celebrate Kate's big day regardless of the weather.



Here are Mema Jean, Robby, Lacey, and Ellie Jean drinking hot chocolate.



Mops and Pops (Daniel's parents)

Mom made a delicious chocolate cake with cream cheese icing, and Dad, who has uncovered a hidden talent for cake artistry, did an excellent job creating a puppy dog for Kate's first cake.



Kate was all smiles all day. I think she realized that this was her special day because she was surrounded by people who love her and her favorite foods especially yummy cake.




3 comments:

  1. Kate's first birthday bash was cold on the exterior but those who attended left with warm hearts. I attribute these warm feelings not only to the hot apple cider but to the fellowship of the entire Tidwell gang whose company made me homesick for my own but thankful to have been "adopted" into such a wonderful family. John 15:13 says "Greater love hath no man than this, than that he lay down his life for his friends." I am thankful to claim you all as my friends. Aunt Cristy loves you Kate. Thank you for inviting me to your party. It's been such a treat to watch you grow and to see my best friend experiment with all the joys and challenges that go into being such a terrific mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, Keri, tell Daniel we need a male perspective on this page. I expect him to blog about daddy bloopers on this page. Tell him it's due on Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I will tell him! I know I totally agree with you.

    ReplyDelete