While the menfolk went hunting up in South Dakota, us girls had our own fun making and decorating and of course eating a delicious gingerbread man. Lacey, our resident artist, did an amazing job dressing our little man.
Lacey is so funny. She made the comment that: "Eating candy is more fun than playing." Here she is stuffing gumdrops in her mouth. Of course she didn't want her mama to know we were eating so much candy!
On another note...here is our beautiful Christmas bush! Daniel and I are cheap, let me tell you! We couldn't justify spending $20 on a pathetic little sapling at Lowe's and I can't tolerate a "fake" tree (it's "Un-Christmas" to me), so we spent an hour searching the woods behind Daniel's parents' house until we found "the perfect tree." Unfortunately, it looks more like a bush AND it actually fell and almost hit Kate! Maybe I will rethink the whole "fake" tree after all!
If you know me then you will know I am not a creative, artsy person although I do aspire to be one. I commented to Jen earlier this week that I couldn't wait until Kate was older so we could make homemade ornaments together. Of course Jen is an amazingly creative person and said that there were lots of ornament ideas for little ones to do. Here are a few we did together (well, I really did them but Kate helped!):
The handprint ornament (What a mess!):
The wreath ornament is actually Kate's hand cut out and taped together. Really cute and easy!
We wish you a Merry Christmas!! God bless you and your families this Christmas season.
No comments:
Post a Comment