Last week Kate turned 9-months-old. She now has her two bottom teeth and is working on the top ones. Kate is also crawling, climbing, and cruising everywhere! At first she only hung around her Mama but now that she realizes she can go places, she follows her Daddy all over the house. She even pushed open the bathroom door the other day so she could await his exit from the shower. Mobility has meant more independence for her and me, and now Kate is even more of a Daddy's girl!
Everyone asks us if Kate is always such a good baby because the little girl they see is angelic, but little do they know that this little angel has a fierce temper and a defiant streak that has already resulted in countless "spankings." And she is not even one yet! Kate knows when she is not supposed to eat the yucky stuff off the floor or jump on Mommy's laptop and will pause and look at me like, "I know I'm not supposed to do this, but will anyone stop me?!" And when she needs a nap, which I think is her least favorite activity, she will stiffen those chubby little legs and throw her head back to try to escape. But I think she is just too busy to rest. There are so many places to go, things to see, and sounds to make to sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment