This past Sunday I celebrated my first Mother's Day as a mommy. On Saturday, I was pleasantly surprised with beautiful daisies from Mom and Dad. Then on Sunday, Daniel did an excellent job making the day extra special for me, taking me out for lunch at the restaurant of my choice, Moe's. Then, we went to Books-A-Million where he let me pick out a book: I chose Flaubert's Madame Bovary, a classic I still have not read. Finally, after shaking down the Triple Lindy burrito with some walking around, he treated me to icecream at Baskin' Robbins. And if the day wasn't perfect already, Kate took a nice long 3-hour nap, and I had some time to read.
I feel very blessed to have such a wonderful husband and daughter.
Yea for long naps! baker has been doing that a lot lately and it is such a blessing. We are so going to Moe's together soon. I love that place!
ReplyDelete