Monday, August 1, 2011

Lovin' Life with Our Two Little Ladies

It's been over a month since my last post and quite a lot has been going on here!

Kate is growing like a weed. She's finally getting into coloring and drawing pictures, which is a blessing for mommy! :) Plus, she likes to sit and read her books to herself or to her baby sister. Poor thing gets frustrated when Cora won't sit still and listen.
Daniel and I are also very pleased in how well Kate has taken to potty training. She is doing very well using the potty all on her own and has only had a few minor accidents since we got rid of the diapers and exclusively started using big girl panties. While we are still working on waking up to go potty at night, we are so proud of Kate and her accomplishments!
Sweet little Cora has two teeth now. At almost 10 months, she is an avid coffee table surfer and is getting pretty good at standing up by herself although quite hesitant to take any steps on her own. It won't be long though! Kate was just about a year when she started walking, and Cora seems to be doing much like what big sister did in terms of development.
Cora is a smiler and loves catching the eye of any who will look her way. Not even 1 and already a charmer! Plus, her laughter is contagious. I have taken to calling her "Giggles"; it's just so cute!
We, or should I say Daniel, are doing some home repairs and improvements, trying to get our place fixed up to sell, hopefully, next spring. We love our little house, but the tight quarters make for some long days when we're stuck inside because of the weather or illness. It can feel a bit claustrophobic at times. Plus, we would like a better environment in which to raise our children.

Also, my mom, Cora, and I will be traveling to Atlanta next weekend (August 12-13) for the Women of Faith conference. I was blessed with this opportunity because of my website and received two free tickets to attend.

Finally, if you believe in the power of prayer, I have a few prayer requests please:

(1) My health. I will be having my thyroid removed September 14. Prayers for safety and a quick recovery would be a blessing.

(2) Future schooling for the children. Daniel and I are contemplating homeschooling the girls. We would appreciate your prayers for God's will in this area. And, if He leads us to homeschool, I will need lots of prayers for patience. :)

(3) Our future home. As we prepare for a future move, I am praying for where the Lord wants us to live and raise our children.

Thank you so much for your prayers!

If you haven't already visited my website--Growing in His Glory--I would invite you to check it out. You can subscribe to receive an email from me every time I write a new post, or you can subscribe to follow me in a reader. See the right sidebar on the website.

Blessings to you and your families!!

1 comment:

  1. what beautiful blessings! :)

    hope you can check out my blog for some +vibes and inspiration!

    Check out the unique hand tailored apron I am giving away
    here

    ReplyDelete