Saturday, May 28, 2011

Our Summer So Far: Or What's Going on in the Tidwell House

So, I haven't been posting much on here this week simply because I have been incredibly busy trying to set up and post to my new website. I hope you will go over and follow me by e-mail over there.

But here is a brief run-down of what has been percolating in the Tidwell household:

(1) Kate and I have started "school" for the summer, which we do while Cora naps in the mornings. You can see details of what we are doing here.

(2) Bless her little heart. Cora is finally starting to get some soft baby hair, and I just can't get enough of it. It's a light brown but we still have hopes of red hair.



(2) I started two new Bible studies: one for moms at a local church where we are studying Chip Ingram's Five Lies that Ruin Relationships (EXCELLENT!) and one online where we are reading Sally Clarkson's The Ministry of Motherhood (also top-notch!).

(3) Kate has started learning to "earn her keep" by washing dishes. However, I think the amount of water she wastes is actually costing her more than she's making. Still, she is learning... : )


(4) Our garden is growing by leaps and bounds with all of the hot weather and rain lately. Soon, we'll be eating like kings and queens, and I won't have to pay the exorbitant prices at Kroger for pathetic produce. YEA! Here you can see cucumbers, lettuce, and tomato and pepper plants. We are also growing squash, green onions, and several different herbs.



(5) Last week we visited a friend from church as part of our service project for the week, and Kate LOVED feeding her pygmy goats, which was a bit surprising because she's very fearful of
animals.

Truth be told, we aren't doing too much this summer. Aside from some gardening, "school" in the mornings, and Bible studies, we are taking a break for the next few months to just relax, get refreshed, and enjoy life. And you know, as much as I was dreading the end of Mother's Day Out, I am really glad it's over...at least for now...because we are getting into a nice routine and running at a much slower pace than we have in quite a while. And that is a relief for this Mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment